Jerk Chicken with Mado's
Jerk Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 onion, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 hot pepper (scotch bonnet, jalapeño, etc)
- 2 chicken breast (or prawns), cut into strips
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, divided (or preferred cooking oil)
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup collard greens, ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each broccoli and cauliflower florets
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Piles of Mado’s Hot Pepper Sauce, to taste
- Blend sauce ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a wok and brown chicken pieces until no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken pieces and add the remaining coconut oil. Add vegetables and cook, stirring, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. (Add a little water if they stick a lot.)
- Add chicken and jerk sauce and stir 1 minute, until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Season again, if needed. Squeeze lime juice over everything and sprinkle with cilantro.
- THEN ADD MADO’S AS NEEDED!!
- Serve with rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice, or on its own.